Monday, December 21, 2009

triple j's hottest 100

my list:
  • The Basics - With This Ship
  • Boy and Bear - Mexican Mavis
  • La Roux - Bulletproof
  • Lily Allen - 22
  • Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
  • Passion Pit - Little Secrets
  • Passion Pit - The Reeling
  • Paul Dempsey - Ramona Was A Waitress
  • Phoenix - 1901
  • Temper Trap, The - Down River
I found this an extremely difficult task to complete; I had a list of about 25 songs and had to cut it back to only 10. I feel as if 2009 has been a great year for new artists and bands. I really enjoyed the Australian music scene this year; a great mix of indie/alternative artists and great hip-hop acts appeared. Many bands had great comebacks and released albums that satisfied their many fans (Eg. Muse). However, some bands released news albums which were pretty average compared to their older stuff (Eg. The Killers). I'll probably compile a list of a good/bad albums for 2009. Until then, ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment